La Cité de l’Or is the only site in Canada that brings the visitor in the heart of a gold mine exploitation from one of the most productive in the country, and where we can visit a historic mining village still occupied today. The site bears witness to the beginning of the 1920 gold rush taking place in northwestern Quebec at that time and is composed of a significant number of high quality residential and industrial heritage assets.
La Cité de l’Or proposes to you the following activities
- An underground visit at 300 feet (91 m.) of a real mine drift;
- A tour of the four (4) old Lamaque Mine’s main buildings,
- A unique experience with the permanent exhibit « Gold in our veins »,
- An interpretation tour of Bourlamaque’s mining village, with or without audioguide;
- Visit of the mining village with an audioguide;
- The exhibit at the historic house, "At home in Bourlamaque";
2022 schedleThe Cité de l'Or is gradually opening its doors from May 27th!
The first time I visit a mine, it was excellent!
We are very happy with our visit! It was very interesting and very complete, the guide was excellent! Thank you.
Mireille & Antoine (Eastman, Québec)
Super nice visit, a unique experience, the guides made us live like real minors. I loved!