La Cité de l’Or is the only site in Canada that brings the visitor in the heart of a gold mine exploitation from one of the most productive in the country, and where we can visit a historic mining village still occupied today. The site bears witness to the beginning of the 1920 gold rush taking place in northwestern Quebec at that time and is composed of a significant number of high quality residential and industrial heritage assets.
La Cité de l’Or proposes to you the following activities
- An underground visit at 300 feet (91 m.) of a real mine drift;
- A tour of the four (4) old Lamaque Mine’s main buildings,
- A unique experience with the permanent exhibit « Gold in our veins »,
- An interpretation tour of Bourlamaque’s mining village, with or without audioguide;
- Visit of the mining village with an audioguide;
- The exhibit at the historic house, "At home in Bourlamaque";
- A Geocaching Rally.
Very interesting and rewarding visit ... very nice visit!
Nicole et Alain (Sherbrooke, Québec)
Very courteous and knowledgeable guides. Thank you very educational!
Réal Munger (Rockland, Ontario)
An exceptional guide (Joanie)! We leave with beautiful memories. Nice welcome!
Des Morin – Fils et filles de mineur (Charles Morin) Ginette, Jocelyne et gang!