La Cité de l’Or is the only site in Canada that brings the visitor in the heart of a gold mine exploitation from one of the most productive in the country, and where we can visit a historic mining village still occupied today. The site bears witness to the beginning of the 1920 gold rush taking place in northwestern Quebec at that time and is composed of a significant number of high quality residential and industrial heritage assets.
La Cité de l’Or proposes to you the following activities
- An underground visit at 300 feet (91 m.) of a real mine drift;
- A tour of the four (4) old Lamaque Mine’s main buildings,
- A unique experience with the permanent exhibit « Gold in our veins »,
- An interpretation tour of Bourlamaque’s mining village, with or without audioguide;
- Visit of the mining village with an audioguide;
- The exhibit at the historic house, "At home in Bourlamaque";
- A Geocaching Rally.
Nice visit, good luck!
Lucie Roy (Longueil, Québec)
Denis Lebeuf, L. Morgan, Giselle Lebeuf, Guy Lebeuf (Campbell River, Colombie-Br
Very interesting and rewarding visit ... very nice visit!
Nicole et Alain (Sherbrooke, Québec)